Image Map

Friday, March 30, 2012

Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Cookies




Coffee is pretty important to me.  It is part of my day.  Part of my daily routine I would say.  Every day before work you can usually find me either going through the drive-thru at Starbucks (if I'm running late) or stopping on Main St. in my lovely town at a delightful little coffee shop called, Brewbakers Cafe.  It is here at Brewbakers Cafe that I found inspiration to make these cookies. Not only do I worship the coffee served at this establishment but also the wonderful muffins that are baked fresh every morning right there in their tiny little kitchen. Such flavors as Raspberry Mango, Four Berry and Pineapple Apple are just some of the muffins that are sold at BC.  On Saturdays Chunky Monkey Muffins are available for my eating pleasure.  Yet another reason for me to live for Saturdays! Bananas, chocolate and pecans all together for breakfast in the form of a muffin....goodness is that just simple yumminess. So good!


If all three flavors could be in a muffin than why not exist in a cookie?  Sure enough after a little browsing through the internet (Pinterest to be exact) I came upon the perfect recipe for such cookies.  Hooray! One of the best parts of this cookie recipe is that it has oatmeal in it! I love adding rolled oats to my cookies as it gives the cookies a hearty and healthier appeal. 


I loved this recipe.  I had to share!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (and my family).

Oatmeal Chunky Monkey Cookies
(recipe found on Martha Stewart's site)

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (1 medium/large banana)
1 cup rolled oats
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, cut coarsely chopped into 1/4 inch chunks (I used Nestle semisweet chunks)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I used pecans)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk together flours, salt and baking soda in a small bowl - set aside. 
3. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract - mix until combined.  Add in mashed banana and then flour mixture - just until combined.  Stir in oats, chocolate chunks and nuts.
4. Drop cookie batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Allow 2 inches between each cookie scoop.  Bake for 12-13 minutes.  Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes before removing.  Then grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Happy Chunky Monkey Cookie Baking!

3 comments:

  1. Love the combo of oats, banana, and chocolate. My kinda cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's specialty. The mixture of yours are almost the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now this is my type of cookie! Love all the flavors!! These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis